It’s happening. The Michael Bay-produced Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles film reboot is happening; according to Production Weekly, the movie allegedly begins filming in New York this April. Seeing as how Bay and his screenwriters have already altered the Turtles’ origin story to make them aliens, it perturbed us to see that the films’ current title is Ninja Turtles. So are our beloved turtles are no longer mutant nor teenage? We fear change! Since we still have a little time before the movie begins shooting, we thought we would make clear what fove changes to the Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtle canon we would find completely inexcusable. Mr. Bay, we know you are reading this, so please…listen to our plea.
- Don’t make April O’Neil sexy: We know you, Bay. Don’t you dare turn the Turtles’ only female friend into some kind of hotpants-wearing, motorcycle-straddling, one-dimensional bimbo. (Unless that dimension is Dimension X, in which case we will allow it.) In the comics April was a lover, a fighter, a computer programmer, an antique dealer, a journalist and, um, a living drawing. Now that we think about it…that would also make. her one-dimensional. You know what we’re trying to get at, Michael.
- Don’t make Splinter an alien: Why would the turtles learn to be ninjas if they didn’t have some kind of earthling sensei to teach them? What’s that? How would a bunch of alien turtles meet and communicate with a terrestrial karate rat? We don’t know, Michael Bay. You’re the one who decided the Turtles would be from space!
- Don’t change the Turtles’ personalities: Everyone knows that Leonard leads, Donatello does machines, Raphael is cool but crude and Michaelagelo is a party dude. If it ain’t broke, don’t fix it.
- Don’t ignore Krang: Shredder was the main villain in two of the three ’90s TMNT movies. Isn’t it time Krang, the pink, squishy, malevolent extraterrestrial got a shot at the big screen? Actually, we’re betting that’s exactly what the screenwriters do. It would even help flesh out the whole ” mutant turtles from space” conceit!
- Dear God, they must love pizza!: We don’t know how alien reptiles would even process diary and gluten, let alone enjoy it, but still. Still.
[Photo: New Line Cinema]
Source: Michael Bay, We Beg Of You: 5 Things They Better Not Change When Ninja Turtles Begins Shooting
Chris Hemsworth and his wife Elsa Pataky were spotted with 7-month-old India grocery shopping at Whole Foods in Santa Monica, Calif. on Monday (December 24). The actor’s brother Liam Hemsworth also came along for the trip.
Earlier in the day Chris took his family to have breakfast at K Cafe. Noticeably different about Elsa is that she cut her hair and dyed it blonde.
The family recently jetted back from London where Chris was filming Thor 2.
Talking about the character’s relationship with brother Loki he told MTV, “It’s what I loved about the comics. It was never clean and cut and that’s it. It was always like, Thor would forgive him, they’d be friends, and Loki would betray him again. ‘You idiot, Thor! Again?’ But it was different than your normal good guy, bad guy scenario. They’re brothers, you know? Anyone with siblings understands that. ‘That’s it, I’m never talking to you again… want to play football?’”
View Slideshow »»
View All Photos »»
Filed under: Chris Hemsworth ,Elsa Pataky,India Rose Hemsworth
Photo credit: FameFlynet/AKM-GSI
Source: Chris Hemsworth & Family: Holiday Grocery Shoppin’
Hugh Jackman, Deborra-Lee Furness and their two children, Oscar, 12, and Ava, 7, took in the ocean waves at Bondi Beach in Sydney, Australia on Saturday (September 22). The super fit actor helped the kids get into their wetsuits to go bodyboarding.
The family have relocated Down Under so that Hugh can film the X-Men sequel The Wolverine.
Last year he said director Darren Aronofsky asked him to gain weight for the role.
He told the L.A. Times, “Right now, I’m at 210. It’s 6,000 calories a day. It’s rough.”
He added, “Darren said with the last one, ‘Hey you looked great, but you’re so tall that in those long shots you looked kind of like Clint Eastwood, and that’s not Wolverine. He said that Wolverine, in the comics, is powerful, stocky, you know, he’s short and thick. So he said, ‘I want you to go there, get bigger.’”
View Slideshow »»
View All Photos »»
Source: Hugh Jackman & Family: Breaking Waves At Bondi Beach
Emma Stone on Andrew Garfield
Posted by Adam
Thursday July 5, 2012
EMMA Stone took a while to realize Andrew Garfield was British!
The actress says she didn’t hear Garfield’s accent until they finished making The Amazing Spider-Man.
“Once the movie was over, I was surprised to hear his completely British accent, because on set, obviously, we were speaking in American accents, so in between takes he was pretty American,” she said.
“I had such a great time at the audition with him, and felt like I trusted him and respected him and liked him as an actor.”
The 23-year-old star was a controversial choice for the role of Gwen Stacy, Peter’s girlfriend, when she was originally chosen, but she was unfazed by what she read on the internet about how she should play the character.
“I definitely looked up [what people thought]. It affects me and I think about it, but there are years’ worth of comics and so many different versions, so you just hope for the best and try to sleep at night,” she said.
Tags: andrew garfield, emma stone
Source: Emma Stone on Andrew Garfield