Mom-of-eight and former reality TV queen Kate Gosselin appeared on The View today (October 31) to celebrate Halloween with the ladies and chat about her future plans now that her latest show has been cancelled. Though some reported that Gosselin was planning to return to her nursing career to make ends meet, Kate says that’s not an option.
“It was always my backup plan, but one day you realize your backup plan won’t work to provide for eight kids,” Gosselin explained.
With ratings that had been faltering for weeks, Kate admits that she had a feeling the end was near for the show, telling the ladies, “Obviously as an adult I’m paying attention to ratings. It was still a shock to hear it and sit the kids down for our first ever family meeting.”
And though things aren’t looking good right now, Kate is still hopeful that she’ll soon be able to return to the small screen, possibly with 10-year-old twins Mady and Cara, and her 7-year-old sextuplets Alexis, Hannah, Aaden, Collin, Leah, and Joel in tow.
When asked about her ex, Jon Gosselin‘s comments about being happy that his children are no longer on television, Kate responded, “I don’t typically comment on what he has to say. His opinions don’t affect me.”
Defending her decision to try to stay in the spotlight, Gosselin says that her goal was always “to go further” in order to provide her children with more opportunities.
Photos: Bauer Griffin