08/27/2014 at 12:49 PM ET
Nicky Hilton is officially off the market — and she’s announcing it in a big, sparkly way! The socialite and author of 365 Style got engaged to James Rothschild earlier this month, but is just now showing off her new hardware. And it’s truly beautiful, though we’d expect nothing less from a Hilton sister.
Alo Ceballos/GC Images
Hilton gave a glimpse at her engagement ring in N.Y.C. this week while running errands. It appears to be a large square-cut diamond in a raised setting on a platinum band, possibly with baguettes flanking the center stone. Rothschild presented it to her while the two were boating on Lake Como in Italy on an extended vacation (though first, the England-based banker flew to the U.S. to ask her parents for their blessing). “They are both very happy,” Hilton’s rep told PEOPLE at the time.
RELATED PHOTOS: See more celeb engagement and wedding rings here!
She also flashed her new hardware on her Instagram recently in a photo from her European trip with Rothschild (below). “Take me back to Paris,” she captioned the pic, which shows her in front of the city’s famous Pont des Arts bridge, where lovers leave padlocks inscribed with their initials to symbolize their undying love. (Can you spot Hilton and Rothschild’s lock here?)
Hilton also received good wishes from her sister Paris, whom we can’t wait to see in a bridesmaid dress.
Source: PHOTO: See Nicky Hilton’s (Huge! Beautiful!) Engagement Ring
James Franco went blonde last week, documenting his transformation on — where else? — Instagram. He’s already envisioned his life in a boy band, but now that he’s gone lighter, the entire world is his oyster. For starters, he’s better suited to play Marilyn Monroe and can finally have more fun than he did as brunette.
Celebrities frequently turn to bleach to give hairstyles a lift. While platinum works for women like Beyoncé and Scarlett Johansson, the male species has had a more difficult time transitioning. In addition to Franco, many a man has tried, but few have been able to make us swoon with highlighter head. Summer is winding down, which means it’s time for these stars to put down the bottle and return to their natural hues. Or, something more aesthetically pleasing that this. Check out 10 bad male celebrity bleach moments, in the gallery above.
Remember when every pop star — and even some professional athletes and TV personalities — couldn’t resist frosting their tips? It wasn’t hot then and it isn’t hot now. Allow ’90s highlight enthusiast Mark McGrath to explain.
[Photo Credit: @jamesfrancotv]
Source: Bad Celebrity Bleach Moments, Male Edition
A young pop star admitted to be a little too happy during his acceptance speech in last night’s Teen Choice Awards, Kylie Jenner rings in her 17th birthday with alcohol and older men, James Franco goes back to the ’90s and more celebrity news for your commute home today.
- 5 Seconds of Summer‘s Ashton Irwin admitted to having a “boner” during the band’s TCA acceptance speech. [Naughty Nice Rob]
- Kylie Jenner celebrated her 17th birthday with booze galore (and Justin Bieber, surprise, surprise). [TMZ]
- Did Kendra Wilkinson and Hank Baskett reconcile their differences? [ICYDK]
- Sofia Vergara is feeling lucky in love with Joe Manganiello. Can you blame her? [People]
- James Franco looks like he’s channeling his inner Bieber with his bleached blonde hair. [Huffington Post]
- Will Ben Affleck prove the haters wrong? Check out the latest photos from Batman vs. Superman. [Yahoo!]
- Courtney Love “lost about $27 million” of Kurt Cobain‘s money. [USA Today]
- Jennifer Aniston has no intention of getting plastic surgery. [Hollywood.com]
[Photo Credit: @wackstar]
Source: Young Star Admits To “Boner” During TCA Acceptance Speech, Underage Kylie Jenner Parties With…
Mark-Paul Gosselaar spills on his Saved By the Bell castmates, James Franco stands his ground against the media, Blake Lively reacts to Martha Stewart‘s diss (like a lady), and more pop culture news to fill your morning.
- Mark-Paul Gosselaar told Andy Cohen that he’s never seen his Saved By the Bell co-star Dustin Diamond‘s sex tape (but wants to). [Watch What Happens Live]
- James Franco responds to reports that he’s dating his Child of God co-star Scott Haze in a way only James Franco would. [USA Today]
- Blake Lively addresses Martha Stewart’s negative remarks in the most politically correct way possible. [Just Jared]
- Check out the creepy new posters for The Hunger Games: Mockingjay Part 1. [TV Line]
- Jessica Alba is feeling “sexier than ever.” And rightfully so (see below). [GQ]
[Photo Credit: British GQ]
- Katie Holmes is leaving Tom Cruise in the dust. [Naughty But Nice Rob]
- Model Cara Delevingne shows us what it’s like to play a mermaid in the upcoming film, Pan. [Grazia]
- It looks like the Jersey Shore days aren’t over quite yet — at least not in Latin America. [Huffington Post]
- Tori Spelling chopped off her own hair. Is she losing her cool? [ET]
[Photo Credit: Getty]
Source: Zack Morris Wants To Watch Screech’s Sex Tape, James Franco Addresses “Homophobic” Reporting +…