Who was reportedly banned from this year’s Met Gala? A Michael Jackson accuser makes a curious move, and Paul Giamatti takes on a new role in The Amazing Spider-Man 2.
- Orenthal James Simpson appeared in a Las Vegas area courtroom today, his first public appearance since being sentenced to prison on armed robbery and kidnapping charges way back in 2008. He’s currently serving 9 to 33 years on those charges, and he’s looking to have a new trial and his sentence reduced. [USA Today]
- It’s no secret that Vogue editor Anna Wintour doesn’t mess around. And when it came to last week’s Met Gala, she was adamant that certain folks not grace the red carpet. Wintour apparently didn’t want Kardashian matriarch Kris Jenner attending, and issued the same edict for the cast of The Real Housewives of New York City. [Daily Mail]
- Following his claim against Michael Jackson’s estate for damages related to child molestation, choreographer Wade Robson has skipped town. He and his family have reportedly sold their California home and high-tailed it to Hawaii, where Robson’s wife is from originally. Hmm… [TMZ]
- The Rhino, one of the villians in the upcoming Spider-Man film, obviously has a tough exterior. Read more about the character, played by Paul Giamatti. [MTV]
[Photo Credit: Getty Images]
Source: Last Lap: What Does O.J. Simpson Look Like After 5 Years In Jail?
Exactly how many villains are going to be in The Amazing Spider-Man 2? What does Baz Luhrmann think F. Scott Fitzgerald would think of his The Great Gatsby? All this, plus the new British ad for Man of Steel focuses on greatness, in today’s First Dibs.
- Kate Middleton‘s due date is apparently July 13. Friends were buzzing about it at a recent royal barbecue and how it unfortunately falls during the Coronation Festival, which is a celebration to mark how it’s been 60 years since Queen Elizabeth II was crowned. [Daily Telegraph]
- The Amazing Spider-Man 2 director Marc Webb tweeted out a photo of Paul Giamatti playing The Rhino yesterday. So, The Amazing Spider-Man 2 will have three or four “villains” (we’ve got The Rhino, Electro, and both Norman and Harry Osborne), two love interests (Gwen Stacy and Mary Jane Watson) and one Andrew Garfield. [Hollywood Reporter]
- The Great Gatsby‘s director, Baz Luhrmann, doesn’t know what F. Scott Fitzgerald would make of his 3-D version of his film. However, Luhrmann does think Fitzgerald would be happy that his book sales are up. [Rolling Stone]
- Today may be Mother’s Day in the United States, but in the new British commercial for Man of Steel, Russell Crowe tells his son, Kal-El, or Superman, to become “something greater.” [MTV News]
[Photo Credit: Getty Images]
Source: First Dibs: What Is Kate Middleton’s Due Date?
In order to be a superhero, you need to make sure you’ve got the bare essentials. You’ve got to have incredible superpowers, a heart-wrenching origin story, a sworn nemesis and an iconic, skin tight costume.
Iron Man 3 opens this very weekend, which means we’re finally in the throes of summer superhero movie season. To honor this auspicious occasion, we’ve tossed twenty of our favorite heroes and heroines from the silver screen (and a few from the boob tube) into the arena to battle it out. This time, they won’t be using their mutant powers or high tech arsenals to find out who wins. The victor will be the hero with the skimpiest costume. Since some heroes have had various iterations over the years–and have been played by different actors–this means that for the first time ever, Superman will battle Superman–and Batman–and Robin–and Wolverine.
Who will win? Who will lose? Who needs to seriously consider a cardigan? Find out in our list of the Top 20 Most Skin Tight Superhero Costumes.
[Photo Credit: Catwoman: Warner Bros. Pictures; The Wolverine: 20th Century Fox; X-Men: 20th Century Fox]
Related: The 40 Hottest Fantasy Hunks
Source: The 20 Most Skin-Tight Superhero Costumes
From left: Eleanor Matsuura, James Corden, Andrew Garfield, Emma Stone and Neil Stuke
Imagine photobombing Spider-Man.
Emma Stone got her goof on Thursday at the New York City opening-night party of the Mike Bartlett play Bull, popping up in the background of a group shot with her boyfriend Andrew Garfield and the actors in the stage show at the 59E59 Theaters: Eleanor Matsuura, Adam James, James Corden and Neil Stuke.
Stone, 24, and Garfield, 29, have their own creative project together, filming The Amazing Spider-Man 2, which is set to open exactly a year from now.
The couple of more than a year costar in it alongside Jamie Foxx, Martin Sheen and Sally Field.
– Andrea Billups
Source: Emma Stone Photobombs Andrew Garfield at Manhattan Opening Night